Captiva and Sanibel Islands boast the Sunshine State's most pristine stretches of natural sand, offering a stunning display of more than 400 species of seashells. Stroll Bowman’s Beach. Have a picnic at Gulf Side City Park. Observe the birds a low tide at the J. N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge. Spend the day out on the water with the entire family on a boat ride through Captiva Cruises and explore the neighboring islands.
- Bowman's Beach, a quiet, secluded beach with natural sands, an outdoor shower, and barbecue grills
- Gulf Side City Park, a mid-island destination with picnic tables and plenty of shady pine trees
- Lighthouse Beach and Fishing Pier, featuring a boardwalk nature trail winding through native wetlands, the site of a historic functioning lighthouse
- J. N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge, home to an abundance of bird life
- Captiva Cruises, offering a view of Sanibel Island from the water, allowing guests to stop at neighboring Cabbage Key and Useppa Islands, with shelling, dolphin watch, romantic sunset, and private sailboat cruises available