Sanibel Island Area Attractions
Discover Fun Things to Do on Sanibel Island
Sanibel and Captiva Island Attractions
Captiva and Sanibel Islands boast the Sunshine State's most pristine stretches of natural sand, offering a stunning display of more than 250 species of seashells, 230 species of birds, more than 20 miles of bike paths, and “epic” fishing. Stroll Bowman’s Beach. Have a picnic at Gulf Side City Park. Observe the birds at low tide at the J. N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge. Spend the day out on the water with the entire family on a boat ride through Captiva Cruises and explore the neighboring islands.
- Bowman's Beach, a quiet, secluded beach with natural sands, an outdoor shower, and barbecue grills
- Lighthouse Beach and Fishing Pier, featuring a boardwalk nature trail winding through native wetlands, the site of a historic functioning lighthouse
- J. N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge, home to an abundance of bird life
- Captiva Cruises, offering a view of Captiva Island, North Captiva, and Cayo Costa National Park from the water, allowing guests to stop at neighboring Cabbage Key and Useppa Islands, with shelling, dolphin watch, romantic sunset, and private sailboat cruises available
- Visit the Sanibel Captiva Chamber of Commerce to learn more about the Sanibel and Captiva Island shops and restaurants.
- Fort Myers is home to the Minnesota Twins and Boston Red Sox in March for spring baseball. Enjoy watching two of the most accomplished franchises in Major League Baseball in sunny Florida.
- Iconic restaurants including The Bubble Room, Mucky Duck, and Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille
- World-class fishing destination. Throw a line in the water and catch an array of trophy fish including snook, redfish, and tarpon - also known as the "silver king"
- Sanibel Sea School - South Seas is proud to partner with the outstanding Sanibel Sea School, a non-profit organization dedicated to saving the ocean, one person at a time.
Experience all of these attractions and more when staying at our Sanibel Island hotel and resort.