Continue your established conditioning routine, or begin a new one, while you stay at South Seas Captiva Island Resort. With our newly constructed Fitness Center, making time for a workout is effortless. With over 30 machines to choose from and personal training sessions with a professional certified trainer, our center provides an ideal exercising environment. Elevate your heart rate on a LifeFitness treadmill. Sculpt your muscles with our strength training machines and free weights. Design your program with the most up to date equipment and innovative features, including:
Ambu Yoga symbolizes the connection between the energy flow of the water and the mind-body-spirit experience of yoga; Ambu means "water" and yoga means "to yoke" or "union" in the ancient yogic language of Sanskrit. We offer outdoor yoga classes and private sessions that empower individuals and build physical strength and emotional balance. Ambu Yoga believes in the transformational benefits of yoga and has a deep respect for nature.
Instructor Yali Zawady enjoys exploring the world and seeking adventure while searching for inner and outer peace through yoga, meditation, pranayama (breathing exercises) and healthy eating. She shares her passion for yoga by making classes interesting, fun, and easily accessible to people of all experience levels and backgrounds.
Yoga on the Lawn at South Seas Island Resort provides the perfect opportunity for Ambu Yoga to live its purpose; to connect people with their mind, body and spirit through a fulfilling physical yoga practice in the serene beauty of nature.
Join Yali on Monday and Friday mornings for yoga classes on King's Crown Lawn. Backup space is provided for inclement weather.
- Classes Monday - Saturday at AmbuYoga Studio, South Village. Times vary, please consult AmbuYoga.com for more information.
- Monday, 8:30am - 9:45am, on King's Crown Lawn.
- $20 per person, includes mat, water, and towel.
A Weekend of Fun and Fitness
The 2014 Captiva Tri is September 13 & 14. This sprint triathlon is a great family event, with participants ranging from 6 years old to over 70, and all skill levels. This event will sell out, so make sure to visit CaptivaTri.org to register as soon as possible.
- The kids race is on September 13 and the adults race is on September 14.
- Open to the public
- A portion of the proceeds benefit local charities
- State-of-the-art fitness center, open to guests 16 years and older
- Exercise machines, choose from over 30 different kinds
- Strength training machines, and free weights
- LifeFitness cardiovascular machines, to elevate your heart rate
*Guests 16 – 18 years of ages must have a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian. Athletic shoes and shirts required. No bare feet or sandals. Open daily, 24/7 with the use of the resort key card.