Sanibel and Fort Myers Fishing Charters and More
Located at the tip of beautiful Captiva Island, our secluded Florida Gulf Sanibel Island hotel, offers open water activities for the entire family. Dock your boat at the Yacht Harbour and Marina and explore all the Resort has to offer. Experience exhilarating adventure on the waves onboard a waverunner. Float high above the water, while parasailing. Gaze at a tranquil sunset as your sailboat drifts along with the wind. Or enjoy a memorable fishing charter excursion just off the coast or toward Fort Myers. Whether looking for romantic adventure or family-friendly vacation pursuits, find the perfect activity to accommodate your taste.
- Full Service Yacht Harbour and Marina, featuring 2,100 feet of alongside berthing for luxury craft up to 120 feet and offering dockage for boats 25” and under
- Endless watersports, including waverunners, kayaks, parasail rides, and paddleboards
- Cruises and excursions, experience a world of exhilarating sea air, abundant wildlife, and breathtaking settings
- Fishing, right off the T-dock, beach, or in the open water with the help of an experienced fishing guide
- Sailing, 2 hour to 7 night cruises at Colgate Offshore Sailing School, America's #1 sailing school
Immerse yourself in the beauty of this beach resort
Family. Nature. Comfort. Surround yourself with sun, sand, sea and sky at South Seas Island Resort – Rated a Top 10 Beach Resort for Families by Parents Magazine. Book your memorable experience online for our Best Rates Guaranteed.
Sunny Island Watersports
Sunny Island, the Best Choice for South Florida Water Sports
Located at the T-Dock and adjacent to King's Crown Lawn, North Pointe, Sunny Island Watersports provides the perfect way to explore South Seas Island Resort by water. Enjoy a multitude of open-water escapades for guaranteed fun. Leisurely paddle a kayak through a mangrove forest. Hold steadfast as you guide your waverunner through rolling waves on the Gulf of Mexico. Take pleasure in the ultimate fitness experience as you paddleboard along the shoreline while watching dolphins. From devoted water sports enthusiasts to adventure-seekers to corporate teams looking for an unforgettable experience – there is something for everyone, certain to enhance your memorable Captiva vacation.
- Parasail Rides, single and tandem*
- Guided Waverunner Island Tours (North Captiva and Cayo Costa)*
- 30-minute and 1-hour Waverunner Rentals
- Standup Paddleboard Rentals and Lessons (Fastest Growing Sport in America)
- Kayak Rentals
- Fishing Equipment Rentals and Frozen Bait
- Banana Boat Rides
- Open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Please call (239) 472-2938 for more information or to make equipment reservations.
*Prices vary according to equipment. Reservations are required for the Waverunner Island Tours and Parasailing Rides. Other equipment can be rented at your convenience.
For the extreme watersports devotee, Sunny Island Watersports offers bundled packages at discounted rates, so guests can experience a variety of activities. Packages may also include Best Boat Club and Rental amenities, such as bike, boat and golf cart rentals. In addition to Sunny Island Watersports, South Seas Island Resort offers fishing, cruises and beaches and pools.
Step Aboard Captiva Cruises
Captiva Cruises located at the North Pointe at the Yacht Harbour Marina provides on-water entertainment for the entire family. Step aboard a variety of cruises. Find the perfect shell with an Island Beach and Shelling cruise to pristine Cayo Costa State Park. Watch playful dolphins splash and frolic with a daily Dolphin and Wildlife Adventure cruise through Pine Island estuary. Sip cocktails and watch the sun melt into the horizon during a sunset cruise. Private cruise expeditions aboard the 150-passenger Lady Chadwick or 40' catamaran are also available.
- Dolphin Watch & Wildlife Adventure Cruise, a 90-minute wildlife cruise on Pine Island Sound
- Sunset Serenade Cruise, a one-hour cruise featuring live entertainment and Gulf of Mexico sunsets
- Beach & Shelling Cruise, a three-hour cruise to the secluded Cayo Costa State Park Islands
- Out-Island Cruises, a half-day cruise to one of four exciting destinations: Cabbage Key, Useppa Island, Boca Grande or Cayo Costa
- Sailing Cruises, private sailing charters aboard the catamaran "Adventure."
- Group tours and private charters, perfect for families, social groups, reunions and corporate outings
Founded in 1986, Captiva Cruises has built a reputation as one of the area's premier excursion boat companies. Sailing from the world-famous South Seas Island Resort – located on gorgeous Captiva Island – they offer tours, cruises and group outings to some of Florida's most stunning destinations.
The Best of Sanibel Island Fishing at South Seas Island Resort
This Southwest Florida resort vacation spot provides a Mecca for anglers. Feel free to fish, surf cast and shore cast on property. Any child under the age of 16 does not need a license. Guests 16 and older must obtain a fishing license that can be purchased online at Myfwc. Frozen bait is available for purchase from the Ships Store and live bait from the Harbormaster’s office in the Yacht Harbour and Marina.
This program encourages the teaching of "catch and release." Participants are nearly guaranteed to catch one of the many types of fish found around the resort village in the Gulf waters including Redfish, Spanish Mackerel, Grouper, Mangrove Snapper, and more. Participants will receive fishing rods & bait for the program.
Sanibel Fishing Charters
Enjoy Back Bay fishing with your own private guide. Sanibel fishing charters are available for a half or full day from the Yacht Harbour and include a professionally licensed guide, all fishing poles and tackle equipment, a fishing license and ice. Boats can accommodate up to four passengers, excluding the captain. Catches often include Tarpon, Redfish, Grouper, Trout, Bluefish, Spanish Mackerel and Snook.
- Half Days: 8:00am - 12:00pm and 12:30pm - 4:30pm
- Full Days: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Please call 888-777-3625 or extension 3326 for more information
Fort Myers Fishing Charters
Venture a little further inland for plenty of exciting fishing experiences in and around Fort Myers. Whether you’re a seasoned fisherman, or looking for a fun activity the whole family can participate in, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for among the many boats and companies based only minutes from South Seas Island Resort. Along the intercoastal Caloosahatchee River, catches often include big game fish, such as Trout, Redfish, Snook, Tarpon, Snapper, Pompano, Mackerel and more. Many excursions also include wildlife or shelling tours!
Consider these popular fishing charters in Fort Myers:
Boat Rentals (South Village)
Boats are available for rent from Best Boat Rentals adjacent to Bayside Marina including Pontoon Boats for cruising, shelling and family fishing. Power Boats are available for more serious anglers. Rentals are available for either a half or full day.
- Open daily 8:00am - 7:00pm, extension 3455
- We have no landing page for Best Boats
Fishing Gear and Boating Essentials
Additional supplies can be found at the Ships Store, located on the north end of Marina Walk, and South Seas Island Outfitters and Resort Logo Shop located adjacent to the Yacht Harbour and Marina.
Colgate Offshore Sailing School
Let the Sun & Wind be Your Guide at Our Captiva Sailing School
There is no better way to discover the beauty of the ocean, the exhilaration of the sea air, and the thrill of open water than on a learning vacation with Colgate Offshore Sailing School. With the sun and wind as your guides, cast off and let the sails fill to gracefully maneuver through turquoise-blue water and set you on a course to a newly-discovered shore. Share this unique learning experience with your spouse or the entire family and take home a lifetime skill that creates a special bond when under sail.
A Premier Location For Sailing On Your Exceptional Captiva Island Vacation
For a delightful once-in-a-lifetime experience on your next Captiva Island vacation, the thrilling task of learning to sail, or sail better, awaits. An island surrounded by breathtaking bays and the stunning Gulf of Mexico makes South Seas Island Resort an ideal year-round home for Colgate Offshore Sailing School. Plan ahead to combine a Learn to Sail, Cruising, or Racing course with your stay. If you want to try sailing, enjoy a lesson with the entire family while you're here. Treat your corporate team to an awe-inspiring experience that relates sailing to business practices. Enliven your existing skills with a refresher lesson. Sailing courses, ranging from two to seven days, are available to enhance your memorable Captiva vacation -- from America's #1 Sailing School, certified by US Sailing, the governing body of sailing in the United States. Program features include:
- Three-day and five-day Learn to Sail course packages, on award-winning Colgate 26 sailboats
- Five-day cruising course packages on 43' to 47’ cruising yachts, the next step up for those with sailing experience
- Seven-day Fast Track to Cruising® adventures, to take you from no or little sailing experience to ready-to-cruise
- Two-hour sailing lessons, to introduce you to the thrill of sailing and harnessing the wind, conveniently available 10am to noon, 1-3 pm and 3-5 pm
- Kids and Teens Learn to Sail Free family packages
- Private Couples options
- Performance Sailing and Racing, for the competitive sailor
- Two-Day Sailing Getaways for the time-challenged traveler, a comprehensive introduction to sailing
- Special Events such as Performance Race Week, held each spring at South Seas Island Resort
To book your sailing package, call 888-454-7015 or click here to request additional information.