Gulf Coast Water Activities
World-class Sanibel Fishing Charters and more
Sanibel Fishing Charters and More
Located at the tip of beautiful Captiva Island, our secluded Florida Gulf Sanibel Island hotel, offers open water activities for the entire family. Dock your boat at the Yacht Harbour and Marina and explore all the Resort has to offer. Experience exhilarating adventure on the waves onboard a waverunner. Float high above the water, while parasailing. Gaze at a tranquil sunset as your sailboat drifts along with the wind. Or enjoy a memorable fishing charter excursion just off the coast or toward Fort Myers. Whether looking for romantic adventure or family-friendly vacation pursuits, find the perfect activity to accommodate your taste.
- Full Service Yacht Harbour and Marina, featuring 2,100 feet of alongside berthing for luxury craft up to 120 feet and offering dockage for boats 25” and under
- Endless watersports, including waverunners, kayaks, parasail rides, and paddleboards
- Cruises and excursions, experience a world of exhilarating sea air, abundant wildlife, and breathtaking settings
- Fishing, right off the T-dock, beach, or in the open water with the help of an experienced fishing guide
- Sailing, 2 hour to 7 night cruises at Colgate Offshore Sailing School, America's #1 sailing school
Immerse yourself in the beauty of this Southwest Florida beach resort
It's Your Vacation...Just Escape. Surround yourself with sun, sand, sea and sky at South Seas Island Resort – Rated a Top 10 Beach Resort for Families by Parents Magazine. Book your memorable experience online for our Best Rates Guaranteed.
Step Aboard Captiva Cruises
Captiva Cruises located at the North Pointe at the Yacht Harbour Marina provides on-water entertainment for the entire family. Step aboard a variety of cruises. Find the perfect shell with an Island Beach and Shelling cruise to pristine Cayo Costa State Park. Watch playful dolphins splash and frolic with a daily Dolphin and Wildlife Adventure cruise through Pine Island estuary. Sip cocktails and watch the sun melt into the horizon during a sunset cruise. Private cruise expeditions aboard the 150-passenger Lady Chadwick or 40' catamaran are also available.
- Dolphin Watch & Wildlife Adventure Cruise, a 90-minute wildlife cruise on Pine Island Sound
- Sunset Serenade Cruise, a one-hour cruise featuring live entertainment and Gulf of Mexico sunsets
- Beach & Shelling Cruise, a three-hour cruise to the secluded Cayo Costa State Park Islands
- Out-Island Cruises, a half-day cruise to one of four exciting destinations: Cabbage Key, Useppa Island, Boca Grande or Cayo Costa
- Sailing Cruises, private sailing charters aboard the catamaran "Adventure."
- Group tours and private charters, perfect for families, social groups, reunions and corporate outings
Founded in 1986, Captiva Cruises has built a reputation as one of the area's premier excursion boat companies. Sailing from the world-famous South Seas Island Resort – located on gorgeous Captiva Island – they offer tours, cruises and group outings to some of Florida's most stunning destinations.
Colgate Offshore Sailing School
Let the Sun & Wind be Your Guide at Our Captiva Sailing School
There is no better way to discover the beauty of the ocean, the exhilaration of the sea air, and the thrill of open water than on a learning vacation with Colgate Offshore Sailing School. With the sun and wind as your guides, cast off and let the sails fill to gracefully maneuver through turquoise-blue water and set you on a course to a newly-discovered shore. Share this unique learning experience with your spouse or the entire family and take home a lifetime skill that creates a special bond when under sail.
A Premier Location For Sailing On Your Exceptional Captiva Island Vacation
For a delightful once-in-a-lifetime experience on your next Captiva Island vacation, the thrilling task of learning to sail, or sail better, awaits. An island surrounded by breathtaking bays and the stunning Gulf of Mexico makes South Seas Island Resort an ideal year-round home for Colgate Offshore Sailing School. Plan ahead to combine a Learn to Sail, Cruising, or Racing course with your stay. If you want to try sailing, enjoy a lesson with the entire family while you're here. Treat your corporate team to an awe-inspiring experience that relates sailing to business practices. Enliven your existing skills with a refresher lesson. Sailing courses, ranging from two to seven days, are available to enhance your memorable Captiva vacation -- from America's #1 Sailing School, certified by US Sailing, the governing body of sailing in the United States. Program features include:
- Three-day and five-day Learn to Sail course packages, on award-winning Colgate 26 sailboats
- Five-day cruising course packages on 40' to 50’ cruising yachts, the next step up for those with sailing experience
- Seven-day Fast Track to Cruising® adventures, to take you from no or little sailing experience to ready-to-cruise
- Two-hour sailing lessons, to introduce you to the thrill of sailing and harnessing the wind, conveniently available 9:00 am-11:00 am, 11:30 am-1:30 pm, and 2:30 pm-4:30 pm
- Kids and Teens Learn to Sail Free family packages
- Private Couples options
- Performance Sailing and Racing, for the competitive sailor
- Two-Day Sailing Getaways for the time-challenged traveler, a comprehensive introduction to sailing
- Special Events such as Performance Race Week, held each spring at South Seas Island Resort
The Best of Sanibel Island Fishing at South Seas Island Resort
This Southwest Florida vacation spot provides a Mecca for anglers. Feel free to fish, surf cast and shore cast on property. Any child under the age of 16 does not need a license. Guests 16 and older must obtain a fishing license that can be purchased online at Myfwc. Frozen bait is available for purchase from the Ships Store and live bait from the Harbormaster’s office in the Yacht Harbour and Marina.
This program encourages the teaching of "catch and release." Participants are nearly guaranteed to catch one of the many types of fish found around the resort village in the Gulf waters including Redfish, Spanish Mackerel, Grouper, Mangrove Snapper, and more. Participants will receive fishing rods & bait for the program.
Sanibel & Captiva Fishing Charters
The back waters of Pine Island Sound and San Carlos Bay near Fort Myers, Sanibel and Captiva Island offer legendary fishing experiences with one of South Seas on-site fishing guides. The professional guide will offer insight and guidance that fits your fishing experience. Whether you are an expert, novice or it is your first time fishing, our guides will make your experience memorable. Along the Intracoastal Waterway through Pine Island Sound, one can catch Spotted Sea Trout, Redfish, Snook and a variety of other species, depending on the time of the year. The professional guide will also offer lunch, wildlife and shelling tours!
- Half Days: 8:00am - 12:00pm and 12:30pm - 4:30pm
- Full Days: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Please call 888-777-3625 or extension 3326 for more information
Meet the Guides
- Captain Tom Walsh - A native of Long Island, NY, Captain Tom Walsh followed his love of the outdoors and passion for fishing to SWFL in 1985. Capt. Tom has been fishing at South Seas for 22 years. Capt. Tom’s favorite fish to catch are large black tip sharks; “Fighting large sharks always gets the adrenaline going.” Capt. Tom is a true outdoorsman; regardless of your experience he is sure to provide you a great day of fishing and lasting memories.
- Captain Ozzie Fischer - Born and raised on Captiva, FL, Captain Ozzie Fischer is a 2nd generation guide eager to fish for anything swimming in the water. Capt. Ozzie has been fishing at South Seas for 18 years. Capt. Ozzie’s favorite fish to catch are giant snook. “Whether using top water lures or live bait, hooking a big snook is a thrill of a life time.” Capt. Ozzie has won over 35 professional saltwater tournaments and looks forward to getting you and your family out on the water for a day you won’t soon forget.
- Captain Randy Eastvold - Another St. Louis, MO, transplant, Captain Randy Eastvold has been fishing the Captiva waters for over 22 years and joined South Seas team 8 years ago. Capt. Randy’s favorite fish to catch are aggressive redfish; “Hooking a redfish and hearing the drag being pulled off the reel is exhilarating.” Capt. Randy has won and placed in numerous redfish, snook, and tarpon tournaments. Capt. Randy is excited to get your family out for a memorable day on the water.
Boat Rentals (South Village)
Boats are available for rent from Best Boat Rentals adjacent to Bayside Marina including Pontoon Boats for cruising, shelling and family fishing. Power Boats are available for more serious anglers. Rentals are available for either a half or full day.
- Open daily 8:00am - 5:00pm, extension 3455
Fishing Gear and Boating Essentials
Additional supplies can be found at the Ships Store, located on the north end of Marina Walk, and South Seas Island Outfitters and Resort Logo Shop located adjacent to the Yacht Harbour and Marina.
Sanibel Sea School (North Pointe)
EXPERIENCE CAPTIVA's UNIQUE ISLAND ECOSYSTEM
Sanibel Sea School offers ocean exploration opportunities for kids and families!
There's always something new to discover at Sanibel Sea School, a marine conservation nonprofit specializing in meaningful, field-based ocean education. Children ages 6-13 can get their feet wet while learning about our local creatures in a hands-on environment. Topics include sharks, manatees, seahorses, and more! Participants can also learn skills like snorkeling, surfing, and net fishing, and private programs can be arranged for those who desire a more customized experience.
Located at the heart of South Seas Island Resort, Sanibel Sea School also offers a variety of weekly programs for all ages, including Discover Shelling Walks (Tuesdays, 11 AM - 1 PM), Guided Birdwatching (Tuesdays, 9 - 10:30 AM), and Feeding Frenzy (Tuesdays and Fridays, 4 PM). Looking for an extra special vacation experience for your family or group? Consider a private land- or boat-based excursion with one of Sanibel Sea School's knowledgeable marine scientists.
Please call (239) 579-1476 for more information or to enroll your child in Sanibel Sea School during your stay. You can also browse the program schedule and register online at www.sanibelseaschool.org.
For more information about Sanibel Sea School, please visit www.sanibelseaschool.org or follow the school on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sanibelseaschool
Sunny Island Adventures
SUNNY ISLAND ADVENTURES
Your best choice for south Florida water sports, golf cart rentals, boat rentals, adventure tours and more
Looking for fun things to do when staying on Sanibel or Captiva Island? Located just outside the gates of South Seas Island Resort as well as the T-Dock (adjacent to King's Crown Lawn, North Pointe), and Sunset Beach, North Pointe, Sunny Island Adventures provides the perfect way to explore South Seas Island Resort and Captiva Island by land or sea! Enjoy a multitude of activities for guaranteed fun. Get around island-style by renting your very own golf cart and explore the beautiful resort as well as spectacular Captiva Island. Or, if the water calls, leisurely paddle a kayak through a mangrove forest. Hold steadfast as you guide your waverunner through rolling waves on the Gulf of Mexico. Captain your own boat as you explore the surrounding islands of Captiva and beyond. From devoted water sports enthusiasts to adventure-seekers to corporate teams looking for an unforgettable experience, there is something for everyone, certain to enhance your memorable Captiva vacation.
- Open to the public
- Parasailing, single and tandem*
- Guided Waverunner Island Tours (North Captiva and Cayo Costa)*
- 30-minute and 1-hour Waverunner Rentals
- Standup Paddleboard Rentals and Lessons (Fastest Growing Sport in America)
- Kayak Rentals
- Fishing Equipment Rentals and Frozen Bait
- Banana Boat Rides
- Open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Please call (239) 472-2938 for more information or to make equipment reservations.
*Prices vary according to equipment. Reservations are required for the Waverunner Island Tours and Parasailing Rides. Other equipment can be rented at your convenience.
For the extreme water sports devotee, Sunny Island Adventures offers bundled packages at discounted rates, so guests can experience a variety of activities.